If you want to join the KiCad Development effort, please join us at the Developers Mailing List, and tell us what's your main interest area, learn what other people is doing, and how it's done.
There are several ways to contribute, please read the Coding Style Policy first.
- Submit a patch to the mailing list, make sure that it can be applied to testing head, and that it follows the coding style policy.
- Make a branch at bzr, and do your work there, tell us what you're doing, and ask for merge when it's done.
- Useful link explaining how to work with Bzr: http://emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs
What are we doing now
- File IO plugins, to make easier to support new file formats. Eagle import, and pcad import.
- Enhance KiCad capabilities keeping internal units in nanometers, a high resolution unit that will remove rounding problems for inches and mm.
- Cleanups and refactors
- Scripting Support
- SWEET Distributed Library design
The source code